January 1, 2022
Dear Wiley College Campus Community:
As the COVID-19 Global Pandemic continues to spike and introduce new variants, Wiley College is updating its COVID-19 prevention protocols and implementing the following mandatory procedures to reduce the possibility of spread on our campus.
Mandatory Mask Requirement:
All persons on campus must wear masks. Students who choose not to wear their masks will be subject to suspension from campus. Masks are required in all buildings, offices, shared spaces, and where other persons are present (including outside).
All campus meetings should be held virtually. Please schedule appointments with faculty and staff members before engagement. Staff and faculty should limit in-person interactions.
Campus Re-opening Procedures:
January 3rd – Faculty and Staff return to campus on January 3rd. All Faculty and Staff are required to test for COVID-19 prior to the start of their workday.
- Testing on January 3, 2022, begins at 7:30 a.m. in Dogan Hall and is by appointment only. Please sign up via the following link: Faculty/Staff COVID Sign Up 2022 and register via the COVID-19 Pre-registration.
January 8th and 9th – Students must return to campus on Saturday, January 8th, or Sunday, January 9th to start classes on the 10th. All students must begin their return at Dogan Hall for Mandatory COVID-19 testing.
- Please schedule your appointment immediately through COVID-19 Testing Appointment Time and only come at your scheduled time. Testing will be available on the 8th or 9th from 9:00 a.m.-5:45 p.m. Additionally, please complete the MY COVID-19 Pre- Registration form by clicking this link MY-COVID 19 Pre-Registration Form This will help expedite the testing process.
If accommodations are needed to check in after 6:00 p.m., please contact the Office of the Dean of Students at (903) 503-2840.
- Students are now only allowed one person to assist in the moving in process. This person must also test during your scheduled appointment process. Only one person is allowed to assist in the move-in process.
- Students (or guests) who test positive for COVID-19 will be required to return home and quarantine at home (or away from campus). Please be prepared in case of this outcome.
January 8 – 22, 2022
The Spring 2022 semester will begin in a Quarantine status. Campus Quarantine means all students will be required to stay on campus for the first 14-days to manage any potential spread, particularly of the highly contagious COVID-19 Omicron variant. Campus Quarantine includes:
- Limited off-campus interactions (request to leave campus will be reviewed through Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management)
- No large gatherings or campus events
- Required participation in random and/or regular COVID-19 testing
- Mandatory mask-wearing
- No visitor/guest policy
- Virtual Classes
To manage Campus Quarantine students who arrive after January 12th will be placed in isolation (in Jackson Hall for up to 2 -weeks) after completing the mandatory COVID-19 test upon their arrival. We strongly request you arrive on January 8th or 9th, to ensure you do not have to be placed in isolation.
Classes begin January 10, 2022.
Campus Vaccination and Booster Expectations:
We are requesting students obtain their vaccination and booster before returning to campus.
- Students who vaccinate between January 2-22, 2022, will be eligible for a $500 tuition credit.
- Students who obtain their booster by January 22, 2022, will be eligible for a $250 tuition credit.
Vaccine and Booster Shot Pop-Up Clinics will be provided throughout the semester. The first pop-up is scheduled for January 13, 2022, from 9-11:00 a.m.
During the Campus Quarantine:
January 8-22, 2022
- Students will be taking classes virtually. Students please review your class schedule and log in to your Canvas account to receive communication from faculty.
- Residential students will be required to obtain permission to leave campus during Campus Quarantine. Students who work or have health care needs must request permission through the Dean of Students. Please email Dean Williams at email@example.com to leave campus.
- Non-residential students are asked to not access campus without registration through the Office of the Dean of Students. Please email Dean Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residential students will receive a wristband to access dining services during campus quarantine. Wristbands signal the required time for accessing dining services.
- Campus Police and Security will be enforcing the no visitor and limited off-campus travel policy.
- Campus activities will be limited to groups of no more than 10-15 persons. The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management will provide various activities during the quarantine.
- Faculty and Staff will be required to participate in mandatory COVID-19 testing.
No Visitor or Guests Policy will continue during campus quarantine.
|Course Registration Support and Advisingemail@example.com|
|Dean of Studentsfirstname.lastname@example.org|