Office of Human Resources
The Wiley College Employee Recognition Program is designed to promote activities that encourage campus employees to live out the values of the institution through their daily performance. The employee recognition program is a multi-prong approach to increasing recognition of employees who exhibit, excellence, kindness, and work to promote a community of civility.
Being Bold and Audacious – Welcome to the Community Lunch
The culture of the institution is set by the leadership, specifically, the President. During these experiences, new employees are invited to engage in a welcome lunch with President Felton. During this experience, new employees learn more about why Wiley College matters, and how they are a vital part of the Bold and Audacious vision for the institution.
You’re A Rockstar – Monthly Employee Recognition Program
Wiley College is not only the home of The Great Debaters but also home to the Wiley College Rockstars. In this program every month, a member of the faculty or staff are selected for their outstanding contribution to the institution through the following actions:
- Demonstration of excellence in their efforts by moving the Wiley College values, vision, and/or mission forward through actions.
- Demonstration of kindness in their actions to a student, or colleague.
We will invite campus members to nominate faculty or staff members during a nomination period of the 2nd through the 22nd of each month. The nominations will be reviewed by the committee and the awardee will be announced on the 1st of each month. Employees recognized as Wiley College Rockstars will receive a $ 100 gift card.
President’s Recognition of the Excellence at Wiley College Award- Excellence in learning and social good (not a teaching award)
Each year a faculty and staff member will be nominated by students and selected by the committee on behalf of the Office of the President. This award is given by the President, for demonstrated excellence in promoting learning in all spaces and supporting social good at Wiley College. Each year awardees will be recognized at Graduation.
It’s Your Birthday
Wiley College wishes to celebrate your birthday with you, by providing one day off during your birthday month to participate employees must have approval and cannot take the day during major event weeks.
As we celebrate our work as rock stars and builders of the bold and audacious vision, we will take time to celebrate collectively during the holiday season, the end of the year, and the opening of the campus. The following celebrations are a time of giving and reflecting steeped in our traditions of faith and aligned with celebrating our work, our past, and our future.
Rockstar Takeover on Social Media
Our staff and faculty have experiences that showcase the excellent things they are doing on campus and in the name of Wiley College. Once a month a selected staff or faculty member will win the opportunity to do a social media takeover. During their time they will showcase College life at Wiley!
Eligibility for Nominees:
- The faculty/staff member must be a full-time or part-time employee of the College
- The faculty/staff member must not be a Cabinet level employee.
- The faculty/staff member must receive support from their immediate supervisor.
Process for Nomination and Selection:
- Nomination may be made by any Wiley College employee.
- Complete the fillable form, giving specific examples of how the faculty/staff member has met or exceeded job expectations.
- Submit the completed document electronically.
- The Office of Human Resources will verify eligibility and forward the nomination to the appropriate supervisor for support of nomination.
- The appointed committee will review and select a recipient from the eligible nominations.
The selection committee is now accepting nominations for this program. Submit your nomination from the 2nd through the 22nd of each month via the form below. Selected rockstars receive a $100 Gift Card and are announced on the 1st of each month.