Financial Aid


Consumer Information

The following represents information on the institution, financial assistance, scholarship fraud, graduation rates, athletic participation, campus security, student rights and responsibilities, and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act at Wiley College.

In accordance with federal regulations set forth by The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, below is a summary of consumer information that must be made available to all students at Wiley. Each topic listed gives a brief description of the information that must be disclosed and explains how it can be obtained. If you need assistance obtaining the information listed or you would like a paper copy, contact the:

Division of Business & Finance
Willis J. King Administration Building
711 Wiley Ave.
Marshall, Texas 75670

Institutional Information


Wiley College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associates and baccalaureate degrees.

Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Wiley College.

Cost of Attendance

Becoming a part of the Wiley College family is one of the best investments you will make in your life and for your career. Wiley provides high quality education at an affordable price. For estimated tuition and fees charges, and  full cost of attendance estimates, visit the Office of Financial Aid | Cost page.

Withdrawal Procedures

A student may voluntarily resign from the College beginning with the first day of class through the final day for resigning shown in the Academic Calendar. Resignation is initiated in the Registrar’s Office. The student must obtain a resignation form and file the form with the Registrar’s Office within 10 days after it has been endorsed by each administrative office indicated on the form. Resignation is not complete until the form is submitted to the Registrar’s Office. View our Withdrawal Policy.

Students who absent themselves from the College without leave and without official resignation will not be assigned “W” grades and, at the end of the semester, normally will receive grades of “F” in courses for which they are registered.

Refund Policy

The College has a tuition refund policy that stipulates the amount of tuition and fees that are refunded to a student who withdraws from classes during a semester. This policy is published by the Business and Finance Office.

Repayment Policy (Return to Title IV Financial Aid)

The federal government mandates that students who withdraw from all classes may only keep the financial aid (federal “Title IV” grant and loan assistance) they have “earned” up to the time of withdrawal. Funds that were disbursed in excess of the earned amount must be returned by the College and/or the student to the federal government. Review the Return to Title IV (R2T4) Policy.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the College’s policy that denotes a student’s successful completion of course work toward a degree. In order to receive financial aid, a student must maintain “satisfactory academic progress.” For the purpose of participating in any of the federal student aid program, the Division of Enrollment Services has established the following policy for determining satisfactory academic progress. View the Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Policy.

Services for Students with Disabilities

Students with physical disabilities, who must confer with a financial aid counselor, should contact the office for an appointment in advance so the appropriate accommodations can be made.

Office Of Student Support and Disability Services
Office: (903) 927-3298 | qbates2@wileyc.edu

Financial Aid for Study Abroad

Students enrolled in an approved Wiley College Study Abroad program may apply for financial aid through the Office of Financial Aid.

Federal Loan Borrower's Rights and Responsibilities

Students who take on student loans have certain rights and responsibilities as follows.

Your Rights as a Borrower

You have the right to receive the following information before the first loan disbursement:

  • The full amount of the loan and the interest rate.
  • The date you must start repaying the loan.
  • The affect borrowing will have on your eligibility for other types of financial aid.
  • A complete list of any charges you must pay (loan fees) and information on how those charges are collected.
  • The yearly and total amounts you can borrow.
  • The maximum repayment periods and the minimum repayment amount.
  • An explanation of default and its consequences.
  • An explanation of available options for consolidating or refinancing the student loan.
  • A statement that you can prepay the loan at any time without penalty.

You have the right to receive the following information before leaving school:

  • The amount of your total debt (principal and estimated interest), the interest rate, and the total interest charges on the loan(s).
  • A loan repayment schedule that lets you know when your first payment is due, the number and frequency of payments, and the amount of each payment.
  • Any fees you should expect during the repayment period, such as late charges and collection or litigation costs if delinquent or in default.
  • An explanation of available options for consolidating or refinancing the loan.
  • A statement that you can repay your loan without penalty at any time.

Your Responsibilities as a Borrower

As a borrower, you have the responsibility to:

  • Understand that by signing the promissory note, you are agreeing to repay the loan according to the terms of the note.
  • Make payments on the loan even if the you do not receive a bill or repayment notice.
  • Continue to make payments after applying for a deferment or forbearance, until notification that the request has been granted.
  • Notify the appropriate representative (institution, agency, or lender) that manages your loan when you graduate, withdraw from school, or drop below half-time status.
  • Notify the appropriate representative (institution, agency, or lender) that manages your loan if you change your name, address, or Social Security Number, or transfer to another institution.
  • Receive entrance counseling before being given the first loan disbursement, and to receive exit counseling before leaving school.

Visit the Department of Education website for more detailed information about your rights and responsibilities, the terms of loan repayment (including loan repayment schedules), the necessity of loan repayment, and required loan exit counseling.

Loan Counseling

Review the Entrance and Exit Counseling Policy to find out more information.

Financial Literacy

Review the Financial Literacy material to find out more information.

Scholarship Fraud

According to the Federal Trade Commission, perpetrators of financial aid fraud often use the following lines to sell their scholarship services; students should avoid any scholarship service or website that states the following:

  • “This scholarship is guaranteed or your money back.”
  • “You can’t get this information anywhere else.”
  • “I just need your credit card or bank account number to hold this scholarship.”
  • “We’ll do all the work.”
  • “This scholarship will cost some money.”
  • “You’ve been selected by a ‘national foundation’ to receive a scholarship” or
  • “You’re a finalist” in a contest you never entered.

If you believe you’ve been the victim of scholarship fraud, wish to file a complaint, or want more information, call 1 (877) FTC-HELP or visit the Federal Trade Commission website.

Graduation Rates and Statistics

Detailed graduation rates are published on the Office of Institutional Research’s website.

Graduation Rates for Student Athletes

Athletic program participation and financial support information can be obtained by visiting the athletic department located in the 3rd Floor of the Student Union.