Wiley College welcomes Flint, Michigan native, and 2016 Wiley College alumnus Ernest Mack on board as the new Director of Forensics. Mack is the former Assistant Director of Forensics for Tennessee State University and brings a wealth of experience to his alma mater, having competed for 3 years and taught for 5.
“We are thrilled to have Mack on board!” said Howard Gibson, Vice President of Academic Affairs. “As the home of the Great Debaters, we are confident that one of our own is going to add tremendous value to such a rich legacy.”
Mack has a host of accolades and awards, which include:
- Being a nationally Recognized Spoken Word Artist
- Writing Debut of One Man Play (H2Ome ) 2019
- Directors Debut of Theatrical Play (Clique) 2019
- Coached 10 State Championship 2020
- Coached 7 National Championship 2020
- Overall HBCU National Championship 2020
- Overall HBCU National Championship 2021
The primary goal of this position is the management and promotion of Wiley College and the Melvin B. Tolson/Denzel Washington Forensics Society through student excellence in collegiate forensics competitions.
Mack is a proud member of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, inc. He describes himself as a passionate poet, dynamic professor, and enthusiastic coach who is looking forward to returning home!
He will commence duties on August 16.