COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The purpose of this policy is to minimize exposure to and transmission of the COVID-19 virus on campus by providing occupational protection to employees, and thereby minimizing exposure to members of the Wiley College community. As the region and the nation experience a significant decline in COVID-19 infections, we must remain vigilant as the COVID-19 Delta variant is spreading rapidly in certain areas of the U.S. among those who are not vaccinated.
The COVID-19 vaccination has been found to be both safe and effective in reducing the risk of coronavirus and health-care related transmission.
Currently, three vaccines are authorized and recommended to prevent COVID-19. Research has shown that getting the COVID-19 vaccination is highly effective and recommended. The Pfizer, Moderna, and Johnson & Johnson vaccines are among the best vaccines ever created, with effectiveness rates of about 95 percent after two doses. That’s on par with the vaccines for chickenpox and measles.
Although these vaccines are very effective, employees will be required to continue to follow guidelines to decrease the risk of spread, including wearing masks, distancing, limiting employee density, and other procedures that limit close and sustained contact. Completion of Daily Symptom Tracking will also continue to be a requirement until further notice. Random COVID-19 testing will be required for employees which will be conducted by the Director of Health Services.
All employees (full-time, part-time, temporary/adjunct) planning to be on campus for any reason will be required to provide proof of vaccination.
Procedure for providing proof of vaccination
Once an employee has received the COVID-19 vaccine(s) and is fully vaccinated, proof of vaccination must be submitted to the College. Employees must submit a copy of their completed COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card as proof of vaccination. Submissions will be accepted by logging into the ADP portal and uploading a copy of the COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card.
Employees must be fully vaccinated by no later than August 27, 2021. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must submit a Medical or Religious Exemption Request Form no later than August 20, 2021 for approval.
All employee medical exemption requests should be sent to the Office of Human Resources for review by the approval committee. All medical exemption request forms must be signed by your licensed medical provider with appropriate documentation substantiating the need for the exemption.
All employee copy religious exemptions should be requested through the Office of Human Resources. All religious/spiritual exemptions must be supported by appropriate documentation of the sincerely-held religious belief held by the employee.
Employees who are granted an exemption by the College will be required to wear a mask, distance themselves from others while on campus, or practice other approved public health measures as may be required.
A written response will be provided to the requestor within five business days. The written response will be provided by the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Employees hired after August 1, 2021, must submit a copy of their COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card prior to their actual start date.. All records documenting vaccinations and exemptions will be maintained in Human Resources in a secured and confidential manner.
- Complete implementation of the program in order to obtain 100% compliance by all employees.
- HR to collect the completed COVID-19 Vaccination Form from all employees. These forms will be maintained by the College in a confidential manner consistent with other medical records maintained by the College.
- HR to securely maintain records to track:
- Administered vaccinations
- Number of Waivers
- Supervisors will be informed of those who have an approved waiver and will be provided guidance about required COVID-19 protocols for those employees receiving a waiver.
- Provide all current and future employees with a copy of the policy.
- Employees subject to this policy include full-time and part-time staff, faculty, adjunct professors, and full-time and part-time temporary employees. Employees also include remote employees who typically work off-campus but are required to occasionally visit any Wiley College campus.
- Submit a COVID-19 Vaccination Form once fully vaccinated by August 27, 2021 or the applicable exemption request form by August 20, 2021.
- Employees hired after August 1, 2021 must comply with this policy as a condition of employment.
- Employees who are granted exemptions (medical/religious) are required to: wear masks, maintain distance, and adhere to any guidance provided by the Center for Disease Control (CDC), other federal or state agencies and/or as may be required by the College as a reasonable accommodation.
- The Human Resources Department will inform supervisors of the names of employees in their department who have received an approved exemption (no details about the exemption will be provided). With appropriate guidance from the Human Resources Department, supervisors shall require all employees under their supervision to comply with the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Supervisors will address, in a timely manner, employees who fail to comply with this policy in consultation with Human Resources.
- Supervisors will maintain confidentiality regarding employee exemptions.
Action for Non-Compliance
Any employee who is not compliant with this policy by August 27, 2021, may be terminated from Wiley College.