Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Vice President of Academic Affairs. The Vice President for Academic Affairs will provide leadership for the development, implementation, and assessment of the instructional program, and for faculty recruitment and development. The position also:
- Provides academic leadership under the direction of the President, for educational objectives of the College.
- Administers faculty and academic staff personnel policies, including recruitment, promotion and tenure, development, and evaluation.
- Monitors student learning and effective teaching, service, and scholarly work.
- Ensures the quality and viability of educational programs through a systematic review of offerings, in collaboration with the academic divisions.
- Approves changes in curricula and maintains high academic standards.
- Reviews the quality of instruction and student academic support programs.
- Supervises the operations of the library to ensure that it supports academic activities.
- Oversees community outreach programs and services.
- Prepares the annual budget for academic and academic support expenses for review and approval.
- Oversees curriculum development and accreditation processes.
- Represents the College at various events and meetings.
- Controls, with the approval of the President, all funding in support of the educational mission and goals of the College, and facilitates the development of alternative sources of funding and partnerships to support educational initiatives.
The successful candidate will possess an earned doctorate (preferably an earned doctorate in a field of study at Wiley College), personal academic accomplishments appropriate for appointment as a senior faculty professor, and a record of effective administrative work that demonstrates a capacity to work and communicate effectively with faculty, staff and students.
Interested applicants should submit a Wiley College application, CV, references, and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.