Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Vice President for Student Development and Enrollment Management. The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction for admissions, enrollment management, student development, career services, student support services, and the student health center;
- Serve as the President’s chief advisor on student development and enrollment management issues and engage all College constituencies in focusing on student development;
- Direct the development and implementation of a comprehensive enrollment management plan aligned with the College’s mission, vision, and strategic goals. This includes planning and implementation of integrated processes and procedures for recruitment and enrollment of traditional and non-traditional students;
- Collaborate with campus leadership, including the Vice President for Academic Affairs and others, to ensure a culture that promotes recruitment, retention and completion for diverse student populations through coordinated campus initiatives and resources;
- Develop, implement, and coordinate integrated campus-based programs and services that meet the varying needs of a culturally diverse traditional and non-traditional student population and encourage the success of all students;
- Maintain a visible profile with campus constituencies; partner collaboratively to enhance communication on and off campus; and anticipate emerging issues;
- Identify and use institutional and external data and research to support effective marketing, recruitment, and retention initiatives;
- Assure adequate and appropriate annual and long-range budget preparation for the Division. Forecast budget needs, establish priorities, allocate funds, and monitor expenditures;
- Oversee development and submission of internal and external reports, data relevant to assigned areas, assessment and evaluation of programs, and initiate improvements in collaboration with internal and external offices and agencies as appropriate;
- Maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish College goals and objectives; oversee recruitment, training, supervision, professional development, and evaluation of division staff;
- Represent the College at events on and off campus; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the President.
- Works collaboratively with the president and other vice presidents to foster and sustain a culture for student development;
- Responsible for improving the student learning environment and key performance indicators for student development; Coordinates the evaluation and program review of the administrative student development services areas
- Works in coordination with the directors and other vice presidents to bring about significant and measurable improvements in program and services focused on student development, retention, and completion
- Works collaboratively with the president and other vice presidents to ensure effective campus services are provided by the administrators and managers of the student development services areas;
- Leads in collaboration with the other campus vice presidents the development of a cohesive student services organizational structure, embedding continuous quality improvement and leading the development of student learning outcomes for each program
- Enforces campus student discipline as outlined in the Student Handbook, makes recommendations to the president regarding student violations of college regulations,
- Investigates and oversees the student appeals process related to student complaints of the areas/employees supervised.
A master’s degree (doctorate preferred) in student personnel, higher education leadership, or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university; progressively responsible experience in student development or enrollment management in higher education with at least five years in a managerial role; demonstrated working knowledge of the areas within the division, including admissions and outreach, enrollment management, financial aid and scholarships, student life, and student development programs; successful experience developing, implementing, and evaluating recruitment, enrollment, and retention strategies for students from diverse backgrounds; successful development and implementation of an enrollment management plan, demonstrating effective use of data and achievement of results; demonstrated experience as a collaborative, results-oriented leader who is skilled at building and maintaining effective relationships, budget management, and strategic planning; excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, customer service, and leadership skills.