Wiley College seeks applicants for the position of Institutional Research and Assessment Data Analyst. Involves activities associated with supporting strategic planning and decision making through the analysis, presentation, and distribution of institutional related research data. Includes planning and analytical studies, assessment, and reporting on data related to students, academic and non-academic employees, financial, and facilities. May be involved with compliance with informational requests from external agencies.
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and organizational policies and procedures; resolves a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
Under the general direction of the of the Director of Institutional Research, the Institutional Research Analyst aggregates, analyzes, and interprets student and other academic data for regular internal and external reporting and ad hoc studies, and conducts research in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, enrollment planning, curricular capacity, student progress and success, instructional workload, institutional effectiveness and program evaluation. The incumbent supports the central administration as well as faculty and staff administrators throughout campus.
The Office of Institutional Research is a central unit in the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OIE), the principal office supporting Provost and Vice Presidents in the areas of academic, capital, enrollment, and financial planning, policy analysis and fiscal administration. Institutional Effectiveness supports strategic planning and data-driven decision making and assessment by providing timely, accurate, consistent and reliable information. Institutional Research major responsibilities are for reporting and analysis of institutional data, administration and analysis of campus surveys, and support for learning outcomes assessment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- Demonstrated experience producing data analytics and/or dashboards.
- Demonstrated experience conducting applied social science or educational research, including research methodology, program evaluation, and descriptive and inferential statistical analysis.
- Proficiency accessing information stored in large data systems and use of computer applications, including databases, business intelligence, statistical, word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Excellent analytical skills sufficient to analyze and interpret written material and quantitative data, and to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Proficiency with SPSS and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, mail merge, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team framework
- Masters in Education, Social Science or related discipline
Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online: an application, Curriculum Vitae, and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.