Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Graphic Designer position. The graphic designer/web editor is responsible for the creation of a wide variety of print and electronic publications and other items to communicate Wiley College’s image and messages to on- and off-campus constituencies. Responsibilities include the conceptualization, design and production supervision of logos, promotional items, special-event material, brochures and advertising, along with ensuring the College’s website and social media platforms are regularly updated and creatively utilized to effectively maximize the College’s online presence. A key part of this role is the development of good working relationships with offices and departments across campus and at the’ Colleges extension centers. The graphic designer/web editor reports to the Assistant Vice President for Communications and Marketing and works with additional personnel, including student workers, in the Office of Marketing and Communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Conceptualize, plan, design and produce print, online and multimedia projects consistent with the College’s graphic identity standards
2. Demonstrate the ability to develop multiple design concepts for consideration as needed
3. Work with vendors to obtain cost estimates for projects within quality specifications, financial constraints and time schedule for projects
4. Oversee the production of printed materials, working with on-campus and off-campus print vendors
5. Check proofs during production stages and review quality of final products before release to clients
6. Maintain the College website with updated information, photos, video and other content, using the website’s content management systems.
7. Research design and technological trends to help ensure the College’s publications, website and social media are up to date and effective in reaching target audiences
8. Increase awareness of and positive participation in the College’s social media platforms
9. Coordinate with other departments and offices to address needs related to publications, the website, specialty items and graphic design
10. Maintain positive working relationships with faculty, staff, students and other constituencies
11. Work efficiently and professionally in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
12. Maintains image resource files
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Only applicants meeting the minimum qualifications below will be considered. The requirements that follow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
An associate’s degree in a directly related field of study from an accredited school and at least one year of directly related experience is required. Must have a thorough knowledge of design/layout principles. Should have a good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (especially InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator) for Mac and Microsoft Publisher for PC; commonly used Internet browsers; and Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint software. The employee must have a good working knowledge of the Wiley College website’s Content Management System within thirty (30) days of completing training after being hired.