Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Public Relations and Marketing. This position will oversee the marketing and public relations programs to highlight the College’s strengths and position it competitively within budget constraints, and to help generate enrollment through marketing activities. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, implement, and coordinate the College’s marketing, advertising and public relations programs to advance the goals and mission of the College.
- Coordinate and supervise all media relations for the college to ensure accurate and timely coverage of college events and news, utilizing newspaper, radio, television, and social media; serve as lead media spokesperson for the college; represent and act on the President’s behalf to the media when appropriate.
- Write press releases, articles, announcements, presentations, profiles and stories highlighting students and programs that support college and campus communications and meet the College’s outreach efforts.
- Provide counsel to the President, faculty and staff regarding current and potential public relations, community relations, and marketing and communication issues.
- Coordinate and direct all college marketing and community activities to best represent the college to a variety of audiences in an effort to maintain and/or increase student enrollment.
- Plan, coordinate and direct selected special events or tours (both small and large) that attract media coverage and attendance of key groups such as elected officials, corporate sector leaders, K-12 leaders and community based organizations.
- Act as a liaison with the media, elected officials, donors, alumni and other key constituents in alignment with college goals.
- Monitor issues, trends and events in the community, predict consequences and advise the President and other management on planned programs of action.
- Establish, nurture, and maintain positive external relationships with individuals, businesses, elected officials and community-based organizations that support the College’s outreach efforts.
- Arrange for interviews with personnel for print and broadcast media and for special events.
- Coordinate the photography and video needs and other relevant activities for special College events.
The successful application will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in public relations, journalism, communications or a related field and at least five years of related work experience, with at least two years in a management or director-level position.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a Wiley College application, resume, and copies of transcripts to email@example.com.