Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Director of Information System and Technology/Network Engineer and will report to the Chief Technology Officer. This position assists in the planning, directing, and management of the Information Systems and Technology Division in order to ensure the development and implementation of cost-effective systems and computer operations to meet current and future decision-making requirements. The incumbent assists in providing college-wide directions in areas of policy and planning for technology, telecommunications, academic and administrative computing, network services and related functions. Specific duties included, but are not limited to:
• Provisioning and maintaining the switches, routers, firewalls, and cabling infrastructure that comprises the Wiley College network.
• Configuring and monitoring core network applications, including DHCP and DNS.
• Making configuration changes to enhance the functionality, fault-tolerance, and security of the network.
• Maintaining our VOIP and camera systems.
• Researching and implementing upgrades and expansions to keep our network ahead of the needs of our community.
• Responding to network-related support requests from ISTD colleagues and Wiley College Faculty, Staff and Students.
• Reviewing and revising network settings to ensure that it Is optimized for current needs.
• Backing up network configurations and reviewing disaster recovery procedures.
• Configuring and monitoring network systems to ensure network health and rapidly respond to any disruptions.
The successful applicant will possess a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred, in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, Instructional Technology or related technical/technological field is required. An advanced degree and/or certifications in project management (PNP), technical administration, systems design, or Computer Science is desirable. Knowledge of Jenzabar is a plus. A minimum of five years experience in Information Technology and/or Network Engineering in a variety of management and technical positions is required. Considerable interpersonal and management skills are required, as well as a broad understanding of general business and management practices.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a Wiley College, resume, and a copy of transcript(s) to firstname.lastname@example.org.