Wiley College seeks applicants for the position of Director of Assessment. This position provides leadership and oversight of the College’s assessment program, to include outcomes assessment for the College’s academic programs and administrative and educational support units to ensure compliance with SACSCOC and Wiley College’s mandated assessment and Strategic Plan requirements. This position reports directly to the Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Effectiveness, Planning, and Learning and will be in the Division of Academic Affairs.
The successful candidate will:
- Facilitate engagement in and provide support for the College’s annual assessment report process, the College’s method for documenting compliance with SACSCOC core requirement 8.1, 8.2 a, b, and c, and ensure that academic programs and administrative and educational support units document their continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide expertise, leadership, support, training and consultation to academic programs and educational and administrative support units (e.g., defining appropriate outcomes, developing appropriate outcome measures).
- Provide general oversight of the College’s assessment of general education learning outcomes to include the College’s quality enhancement plan.
- Considerable experience in the design and implementation of student learning outcomes assessment programs
2. Considerable knowledge of program assessment
3. Demonstrated familiarity with SACSCOC and Specialized accrediting standards
4. Experience developing appropriate outcomes (to include student learning outcomes) for academic programs and administrative and educational support units
5. Demonstrated experience and progressive responsibility for developing appropriate outcome measurement strategies and instruments
6. Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
7. Experience directing and assessing the work of others
8. Master’s degree in Education, Social Science or related discipline
- Proficiency with SPSS and Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, mail merge, etc.)
2. Previous supervisory experience
3. Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team framework
4. Doctorate in Education, Social Science or related discipline
Candidates may show interest by submitting, in its entirety online: an application, Curriculum Vitae, and copies of transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.