Wiley College is seeking qualified applicants for Athletic Trainer. The Athletic Trainer provides a full range of activities, projects and documents to support Student Athletics. Primary goal will be identifying, designing and implementing a comprehensive program that supports student athletic programs. Develops and maintains emergency action plans for all permanent and temporary practice and competition venues in accordance with university risk management guidelines and state regulations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Conduct an initial assessment of an athlete’s injury or illness in order to provide emergency or continued care, and to determine whether they should be referred to physicians for definitive diagnosis and treatment.
2. Evaluate athlete’s readiness to play, and provide participation clearances when necessary and warranted.
3. Apply protective or injury preventive devices such as tape, bandages, or braces to body parts such as ankles, fingers or wrists.
4. Assess and report the progress of recovering athletes to coaches and physicians.
5. Advise athletes on the proper use of equipment.
6. Develop training programs and routines designed to improve athletic performance.
7. Lead stretching exercised for team members prior to games and practices.
8. Administers and oversees the care, the prevention, evaluation, treatments and rehabilitation of injuries to all student-athletes.
9. Organize and maintain all medical records in accordance with federal and state regulations.
The successful applicant will possess certification/license- in the knowledge and principles, methods and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance. Provide personal assistance, medical attention, emotion support to the athletic community.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a Wiley College application, resume, and copies of certification/license to email@example.com.