Wiley College is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Assistant Vice President of Retention. This position will provide leadership in the development, implementation, and coordination of an integrated retention plan and student success initiatives. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Meet regularly with the Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs leadership teams to discuss plan retention initiatives and collaborative efforts necessary to ensure plan’s success.
- Lead and provide oversight for seamless integration and coordination of proactive support service tools aimed to enhance students’ abilities to succeed through first year student transition to college and engagement.
- Oversee all alert efforts and assign appropriate professionals to provide interventions to enhance students’ abilities to persist and succeed academically.
- Coordinate interventions to support students’ capacity to academically persist, recover and succeed.
- Implement strategies to positively impact key metrics i.e. graduation rates, student satisfaction, student retention goals, and credit generation.
- Infuse use of technologies to enhance coordination and delivery of support services to students.
- Lead annual efforts for each assigned service area to develop and implement assessment strategies to measure effectiveness in meeting goals, identify strengths and strategies to enhance service quality and student outcomes.
- Collaborate across schools and college operations to further strengthen efforts, coordinate strategies, assess effectiveness, and enhance students’ retention, persistence, and engagement.
- Interpret and maintain compliance with college policies and procedures, recommending revision as needed. Oversee the design and implementation of a comprehensive orientation program for new students, transfer students and their families, including planning and coordinating on-going data collection, evaluation and assessment of the programs.
- Assist with Welcome Week activities for new students, transfer students and their families.
The successful application will have a master’s degree required and at least 3 years’ experience in higher education, at least some of which is in institutional effectiveness or academic advisement. Excellent customer service and organization skills; demonstrated understanding in enrollment/retention management services; experience gathering data, analyzing trends and writing reports; demonstrated understanding and knowledge of current evidence-based best practices related to student retention; experience identifying areas of improvement based on evidence; demonstrated experience in planning and budget management; experience working with students from under-served and under-represented backgrounds preferred; strong technical skills that include experience working with student management and early alert systems/tools that enhance student retention and success.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a Wiley College application, resume, and copies of transcripts to email@example.com.