Back to Prospective Students Home
- Character: Historically black, primarily liberal arts, residential, co-educational, undergraduate institution affiliated with The United Methodist Church and charter member of the United Negro College Fund
- Year Founded: 1873
- Enrollment: 1356 (Fall 2011)
- Student/Faculty ratio: 17:1 - 19:1
- Faculty: 72 full-time faculty members (Fall 2011)
- Faculty: 64% of faculty possess terminal degrees in their fields.
- Accreditation: Wiley College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Wiley College.
The Commission should be contacted about accreditation related issues only. All other inquiries should be directed to the institution at:
711 Wiley Avenue
Marshall, TX 75670
800-658-6889 (toll free)
- Setting: A sprawling 70+ acres (including recent acquisitions)residential campus in Marshall, Texas
- Average class size: 20 students (Fall 2011)
- Athletics: Men's and women's basketball, track and field, cross country, men's baseball, mens and womens soccer, cheerleading, and women's volleyball.
- Cost, 2012 - 2013 academic year: tuition and fees $11,382.00; room and board $6,352.00
- Alumni: 12,000+
- Residence Life: 50% percent of students live in on-campus residence centers
- Programs of study: 14 majors in four academic divisions - Social Sciences and Humanities, Sciences, Business and Technology, and Education. Two of these divisions also house our adult degree-completion programs.
- Financial Aid: 95 percent of students receive financial assistance
- Special opportunities: Leadership development, internships and study abroad programs
- Campus Tours: Available Monday through Friday 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM and on Saturday by appointment only. Please call the Unit of Admissions and Recruitment to schedule a campus visit.