Student Affairs Home Page |
Residence Life Home Page
In 1925, it was built to accommodate women in dormitories. Dogan Hall was a truly lavish residence hall in its day. This residence hall for women, reconstructed in 1991, combines the features of home and school surroundings that contribute to making a comfortable living/learning atmosphere. It was named for the late President Matthew W. Dogan and houses a Parlor Room named in honor of former president, David L. Beckley, the Johnnie H. Coleman television lounge, a computer lab and several guest rooms. The hall currently holds 126 female students.
The former Dogan Hall Annex, which houses 72 freshman females, Johnson-Moon Hall was completely renovated after a February 1990 fire. The building was renamed Johnson-Moon in 1991 to honor two long-time trustees, Dr. Joseph T. Johnson of Chicago, Illinois, and Dr. L.A. Moon of Marshall, Texas.
Ocie and Mary Jackson Hall
Built in 1972 to house 192 male students, the building consists of four wings: two for housing and one that contains offices, laundry facilities, and a guest room. The fourth wing contains three lounges which are utilized for meetings, study laboratory and student relaxation. The wings are arranged around an open courtyard.
J. Jack Ingram Hall
Purchased in 2009 to accommodate the growing student body of Wiley College and was named after one of our former chairman on Wiley College’s Board of Trustees. He retired from the Census Bureau as Deputy to the Assistant Director for Demographic Fields. The hall houses 156 female students. The building consists of four wings; each wing contains a computer lab and lounge area.