Student Life Home Page |
Division of Records Home
A student becomes a member of a class only by registering through the proper procedure or adding the course after the initial registration is completed. The instructor receives the student’s name only by official notice from the Unit of Student Records. Any course for which a student registers will be recorded as attempted on the student’s transcript unless the student drops the course through the proper procedure. A student is expected to attend and participate in each course for which he/she is registered until the student officially withdraws from the course.
Registration will be held on the dates shown in the academic calendar. Students registering after the regular registration period will be charged a late registration fee. The registration process is not complete until the student has cleared the Office of Business and Finance.
Prior to registration, provisions are made for students to obtain guidance from their academic advisor and chair of the division in selecting courses leading to a degree and/or teacher certification.
The schedule of classes may be obtained from the Unit of Student Records. Students who fail to adhere to academic advising may experience difficulty in meeting graduation requirements in a timely manner.
Resources and Reminders
- CLASS SCHEDULE
- CLASS SCHEDULE ADJUSTMENTS (Drops and Adds) ~ Students should select courses carefully and check their printout of courses immediately. Once a student’s registration has been validated (paid fees), students may continue to make adjustments to their schedule of classes up to the last day of registration.
- JICS (click here)
- After registration ends, students should go to their advisor to get a drop/add form to make class adjustments. The approved form must be submitted to the Registrar’s Office before the change is official. The student will be given a copy of the form and should maintain it for his/her records. Classes cannot be added after the end of registration.
- Candidates for graduation may complete an application for graduation in the Unit of Student Records.
- All students with vehicles must purchase an auto decal from the Business Office.
- ANY student who has a validated fee sheet should be listed on the class roll. No student will be allowed to remain in class if his/her name is not on the permanent roll.
- Students who enroll in a course, but never attend class, will receive a failing grade unless they officially withdraw from the course on or before the deadline for course withdrawals. STUDENTS SHOULD NOT ASSUME THAT THEY WILL BE DROPPED FROM A COURSE IF THEY DO NOT ATTEND. As a safeguard, students should always drop any unwanted courses immediately.
THE LAST DAY TO REGISTER OR ADD CLASSES
2009 Spring – January 23rd
Steps to View Grades on JICS:
- Go to www.wileyc.edu
- Click JICS
- Enter your User ID (Student ID Number)
- Enter your PIN (PIN is given by IT Department until changed)
- Select the Access EX Web
- Select My Grades
- You may view grades and print them as often as you like!