Student Life Home Page |
Division of Records Home
Requirements for Graduation
To graduate from Wiley College, a student must be in good academic standing, which means that the student must have a cumulative grade point average of “C” (2.0) or better, must have fulfilled all financial obligations, and must have exhibited conduct in keeping with the standards set for students at the College. In addition, the candidate must comply with the requirements outlined for that particular major, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Complete a minimum number of semester hours (not less than 124, excluding hours amassed in developmental courses) as outlined in the College Catalog, for each major area of study.
- Attain a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 (2.50 teacher education candidates).
- Attain no grade less than “C” in major and minor courses.
- Complete a minimum of 25 percent of the semester credit hours required for the degree through instructions at Wiley College.
- Take the Subject Field Test (SFT) and Senior Comprehensive Examination
- Complete all applicable requirements for the degree.
A student who takes more than four years to graduate after having being admitted to a major field of study may be required to take additional courses in order to satisfy any new requirements for the degree and/or for graduation.
Granting Candidacy for Graduation
Students must adhere to the following procedures in order to obtain candidacy status for graduation:
- Obtain an application for graduation from the Office of Records/Registrar after the degree plan has been filed by the major advisor and division chair. Applications must be field by the deadline date listed in the academic calendar. (A late fee may be charged for filling an application after the deadline date.).
- Report to your advisor and to Records/Registrars any course work currently being taken at another institution which is to be applied toward graduation, and ensure that the transfer credit has been forward to the office of Records/Registrar prior to the end of the semester of enrollment.
- Pay a graduation fee to the office of Business and Finance by the date specified in the academic calendar.
No students may receive a degree until all requirements, as specified by the applicable catalog and degree plan, are completed, all records are in the hands of the registrar, and the student has met all financial obligations to the College.