Back to Parents Home Page
- Character: Historically black, primarily liberal arts, residential, co-educational, undergraduate institution affiliated with The United Methodist Church and the United Negro College Fund
- Year Founded: 1873
- Enrollment: 1351
- Student/Faculty ratio: 19 to 1
- Faculty: 72 members
- Accredited by: The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
- Setting: 66+ acre residential campus in Marshall, Texas
- Average class size: 16.5 students
- Athletics: Men’s and women’s varsity basketball, men's junior varsity basketball, track and field, cross country, men’s baseball, and women’s volleyball.
- Cost, 2010 – 2011 academic year: tuition and fees $11050.00; room and board $6136.00
- Alumni: 11,542
- Residence Life: 59% percent of students live in on-campus residence centers
- Programs of study: 14 majors in four academic divisions – Social Sciences and Humanities, Sciences, Business and Technology, and Education.
- Financial Aid: 97 percent of students receive financial assistance
- Special opportunities: Leadership Development, Internships and study abroad programs
- Campus Tours: Available Monday through Friday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM and on Saturday by appointment only. Please call the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.