KBWC Underwriting Guidelines
The following guidelines apply to all underwriting spots aired on KBWC 91.1 FM. Underwriting announcements will be recorded by KBWC's production staff. Announcements may include information which identifies the underwriter(s). These announcements may include:
- The name of the underwriter
- Generic description of underwriter's products and/or services
- The location of the underwriter's business
- The underwriter's phone number and/or web address
All of the above regulations apply to public radio and is similar to advertising on commercial stations, yet differs in a few areas.
- The FCC prohibits announcements that invoke a CALL TO ACTION. This means statements like: shop here, call now, join us, etc., are not allowed.
- Announcements also may not contain qualitative words such as: largest, best, newest, finest, etc.
- Finally, announcements may not mention or give reference to price-free, sale, discount, clearance, reduced, liquidation, etc.
The programming on KBWC 91.1 FM is sponsored in part by Sun City Records located at 123 Mabel Street in Marshall, TX. Sun City Records features R&B, rap, blues, gospel and jazz. Sun City Records is open Monday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m. For more information, call 903-222-2222. Thank you Sun City Records for your support of KBWC 91.1 FM.
All contributions to underwrite programs broadcast by KBWC-FM are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. Underwriting grants to KBWC-FM qualify for federal tax deductions. All grants should be made payable to Wiley College in care of KBWC-FM. To find out more about underwriting, please call KBWC 91.1 FM at 903-927-3307.