Step 1: Gather Your Information
Here is a list of documents you will need:
- Your Social Security card (and your parents’, if dependent)
- Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your (and your spouse’s, if married) Income Tax Return
- Your Parents’ Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- Your W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Any untaxed income records including child support paid or received
- Your current bank statements
- Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond and other investment records
Step 2: Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Applications for each fall semester become available as soon as January 1st of every year. We encourage you to apply as soon as you and/or your parents have completed your/their income tax return(s). Applicants also have the option to fill out and mail a FAFSA to the U. S. Department of Education, although we strongly recommend completing your application online. Computers in the Web Cafe are available to assist students with the application process. Please see your Financial Aid Counselor (see Contact Us to determine the name of your counselor).
Step 3: Check Your Application Status
If you completed your FAFSA online, your application will be processed as long as you (and your parents) have signed the application with a PIN or submitted a signature page. If your application has all required PIN signatures, Wiley College will receive your application from the U.S. Department of Education within three to five working days. If you were required to submit a signature page, Wiley College will receive your application in approximately four weeks. After that time, please contact our office.